Huey P. Long Bridge Run
May 9th, 2020
POSTPONED UNTIL 2021
At FRESHJUNKIE Racing the health and safety of our community are the highest priorities. After an exhaustive search of all potential plans and ways to produce the 2020 Huey P. Long Bridge Run it has been determined that it is simply not feasible. In accordance with social distancing, the logistical challenges of shuttles, a longer bridge closure required to implement a staggered start, and other obstacles the race will be postponed until 2021.
All registered participants have 3 options to choose from:
1. Transfer your entry to the 2020 Northshore 5K scheduled for October 11 in Fontainebleau State Park in Mandeville (approved for live, in-person event with COVID mitigation & safety plan)
2. Defer your entry to the 2021 Huey P Long Bridge Run
3. Request a refund
Please EMAIL us at email@example.com and state which option you would like to take.
Anyone who does not respond by August 28, 2020 will be automatically deferred to the 2021 Huey P. Long Bridge Run. Refunds will be processed and should hit bank accounts the week of September 1st.
This has been a continually evolving and challenging time, but we are excited to have received approval to host one of the only major races for the fall of 2020. We hope you will elect to transfer your entry and join us on October 11th
We wish to thank all the athletes, volunteers, and sponsors for their support, and want to extend a special thanks to Jefferson Parish who has worked tirelessly with us over the year in an attempt to explore every option to safely produce the event. We look forward to seeing everyone at a future FRESHJUNKIE Racing event.
As race week has officially arrived, we are sad that we aren’t producing the Huey P. Long Bridge Run this Saturday. However, the FRESHJUNKIE Racing team is still working with Jefferson Parish officials to find an alternative race date for the fall of 2020 for the Huey P. Long Bridge Run. We are tentatively rescheduling it for October 10th, in conjunction with the Bridge City Gumbo Festival. We are still in a wait and see pattern with city officials as the situation with Covid-19 is constantly changing. We are currently offering runners the following options. A – transfer to the new fall date B – receive a full refund C – defer to 2021 Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight Friday, May 8th with the option you prefer. If we don’t receive an email from you, we will automatically defer you to the 2021 event. We are working hard to try to provide you guys the best options available during these trying times and appreciate your patience. Thank you for your support of the Huey P. Long Bridge Run.
Due to COVID-19, the FRESHJUNKIE Racing team is working with city officials to find an alternative race date for the fall of 2020 for the Huey P. Long Bridge Run. Once we have a date solidified, we will offer all registered runners the option to A – transfer to the new fall date, B – receive a full refund, C- defer to 2021.
The FRESHJUNKIE Racing team continues to plan for the 2020 Huey P. Long Bridge Run. The situation regarding COVID-19 is changing daily, and in some cases hourly. We will continue to closely work with local officials, and monitor communications from the CDC and other health authorities. The FRESHJUNKIE Racing team is committed to open communication with our participants, volunteers, partners, and the racing community. We will update the status of our event as often as possible. Our number one priority is to put on a safe event.